From our Store
- Client Packet: Divorce
- This CD offers a collection of agreements, worksheets, checklists, resources and other informational tools to use for divorce.
Family Series: Is Divorce Mediation for You? Are you going through a divorce, separation, or post-divorce conflict? Have you considered mediation? How can you tell if mediation is right for you? In this episode of the Texas Conflict Coach's Internet radio show, Zena explored what mediation is, who should consider mediation, and typical outcomes of mediation as opposed to litigated divorce and separation. Nov. 9, 2010.
- A Month for Gratitude, Alisa Peskin-Shepherd, JD, Transitions Legal, September 10, 2014
- Social Security and Divorce: Can You Collect Benefits on Your Ex's Earnings Record?, Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz, CFP, Huffington Post, November 2014
- 7 Things To Think About Before Mediation, Robert D. Bordett, Collaborative Practice and Mediation Services, July 30, 2014
- 12 critical mistakes to avoid when considering a separation or divorce, Jennifer Safian, Safian Mediation, New York, April 26, 2012
- Eight Myths of Divorce Mediation, Huffington Post, March 4, 2011
- Be Smart: Prepare Yourself for Divorce Mediation, This e-book is a practical workbook for divorcing couples and divorce professionals. By Brady Mikusko, Mediator, Divorce and Life Coach
Electronic Appraiser (Real Estate) Learn the value of your home with this site, which provides detailed property reports, recent comparable sales information, and other analysis for properties nationwide.
Kelly Blue Book (Automobiles) This is the standard source for determining the value of your cars.
Pension Appraisers, Inc. (Retirement) This company specializes in valuing and distributing retirement benefits in cases of divorce. Account holders can generate state-specific court-ready valuation reports online in just minutes.
QDRO Express LLC (Retirement) This company specializes in preparing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Pension Valuations, Memorandums of Opinion or other requested documents for attorneys.
Custody, Parenting Time and Child Support
Helping Children Deal With Divorce An overview and list of resources on several aspects of divorce from the Law Firm of Ayo and Iken PLC. Topics include How to Tell Them; Provide Stability and Structure; Stay Civil with Your Ex; Seek Professional Help if Needed; and Take Care of Yourself.
MarginSoft Software for evaluating spousal maintenance/alimony claims, and ocalculating child support based on your state guidelines (select states only).
Michigan Family Law Links A list of resources to help parents understand their rights and obligations regarding custody, parenting time and child support. Compiled by Jeanne M. Hannah.
Our Family Wizard This site provide tools for parents in divorced and separated households to communicate and organize their lives. Coordinate custody and parenting time schedules with the site's calendar, log and share expenses, stay current on your child's health records, school information, and more.
Up To Parents This site helps divorcing and divorced parents focus on their children as they move through a difficult transition.
General Divorce Resources
Preparing for Your Mediation Preparation Checklist and Dispute Resolution Worksheet, MediationNow
Divorce Headquarters Site features information on a wide range of divorce issues.
DivorceNet Offers a range of resources, including legal forms, state-by-state information, discussion forums and more.
Divorce Magazine Offers information and resources available to help individuals and families going through the transition of separation and divorce.
Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan Find lawyers and other professionals compatible with family mediation.
Persevering Through Divorce: Single-Parent Resources A collection of resources to help you navigate divorce in a healthy way.Dealing With Divorce A useful resource for children dealing with divorce, recommended to us by a thoughtful group of students.